Did She Give You an Ultimatum?


I caught the cover of People Magazine the other day.
It seems like Kim Kardashian is shedding the weight and giving Kanye "the ultimatum."

I don’t really follow what’s going on, but apparently she moved out. Now she wants him back, but she's given him some type of ultimatum about anger management.

It seems like every single day you read about some celebrity woman, her boyfriend and the ultimatum she gave him.

How do you feel about ultimatums?

I know when a woman gives me an ultimatum, I let her know exactly how I feel. I don't think you should ever threaten anyone with an ultimatum, least not your lover.

I was dating this woman one time. It was casual and I was happy with that. We were having great sex and hanging out on the weekends. There was nothing more than that.

Without warning, she decided to hit me with an ultimatum. I mean, it came completely out of the blue.
She said, "If you want this to continue, I need more of a commitment from you."

Without asking me how I felt, without asking me what I wanted, she gave me an ultimatum.

You remember when you were a kid growing up? How many of you responded to ultimatums?

Most kids don't ever respond to them. Ultimatums were things I never responded to when I was younger.
Your mom said, "Clean your room or else." And you asked "Why?"

“When you think about it, it's
nothing more than blackmail.”

Ultimatums just don’t work.

Ultimatums are things we never respond to in any way, shape or form. When you think about it, it's nothing more than blackmail.

Is that really the only way people can get what they want?

So here’s what I want to ask you guys today: When was the last time a woman gave you an ultimatum, and how did you respond?

I want to see how many guys here "did as they were told” and respected the ultimatum.

Let’s talk about this. I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Photo source: singleblackmale.org.